Few things make us happier around here than watching our “newbies” advance from nervous beginners to excited, skilled lensmasters who’ve created 25 or more really great lenses. When they’ve reached that point, we love rewarding them with membership in our Giant Squids Club.
So, what qualities do Giant Squids have in common?
- They’re passionate and creative.
- They know how to write interesting content about things they love.
- They’ve learned to make lenses that are pleasing to the eye.
- They’ve learned how to compose an attention-grabbing intro.
- They know how to narrow a topic and stick with that topic.
- They’ve learned the importance of writing unique, useful, updated content.
- They don’t spam. No excuses, they just don’t.
- They offer products for sale on their lenses and explain why those products are worth offering.
- They’re watchful for typos and appreciate a reminder when they miss a misspelled word.
- They treat other members of the community the way they want to be treated.
What do Giant Squids receive as a reward for all their hard work (and it is hard work!)? Among other things:
- They get an awesome trophy. (Trophies are fun!)
- They get custom lens templates (some people’s favorite perk).
- They get special attention when they report a problem on the site.
- They get special quests and the opportunity to compete for extra-special rewards.
The Giant Squid title also comes with extra responsibilities, the most important of which is to represent the community in a respectable and respectful way. Giants should expect to be looked up to but also are expected to inspire and give back.
Interested? Read more and apply here.
Still new? Think you’re up to the challenge? We’ll put you on the fast track to Giant Squid by helping you grow your lensmaking skills to the Giant level. Just sign up for RocketSquids today.