It’s 2013, can you believe it? We hope everyone made it safely through the busy holiday season and that you’re ready to get back to work as you turn the calendar to a clean, new page. To get you started, here are 7 things to do this month and to remember throughout the new year:
1. Document everything with pictures. You might want to make a lens later, so carry a camera constantly and use it to take pictures of what you do, from preparing new recipes to rotating the tires on the car to visiting the local park to setting up a new swimming pool to starting your new flower garden to learning a new craft.
2. As possible lens topics come to mind, write them down!
3. Visit SquidooHQ daily. It’s the “go to” place for Squidoo news, for getting to know people in the community, and for finding tips on how to make better lenses. Visit featured lenses and introduce yourself to featured lensmasters. Subscribe to the daily posts so you don’t forget.
4. Check your dashboard daily. Approve comments and keep your lenses updated. Examine your lens stats from time to time to see how people are finding your lenses, what they’re clicking out on and, in general, to see what’s working and what’s not. Adjust your lensmaking plans accordingly.
5. Participate in SquidQuests regularly. Even when you’re not particularly interested in a quest topic, try it anyway. Working outside your comfort zone is a good exercise in lensmaking and will help to make you a better researcher and writer.
6. If you’re new and have fewer than 25 lenses, join RocketSquids, participate in the weekly challenges, and study the tips you’ll find there. It’s a great place to meet other newbies and a great way to get your lenses noticed!
7. Invite someone new to Squidoo! If you enjoy writing here, chances are you know someone else who will, too.
Have you set your Squidoo goals for 2013? Feel free to share them with us in a comment below.