Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
The “Catholic” Contributor niche aims to satisfy the following seven (7) main objectives:
1. Encourage Catholics to research, read and write about their faith.
2. Showcase quality lenses (articles) about Catholics & Catholicism by myself and other members of the Squidoo community.
3. Educate everyone about Catholicism (beliefs, people, practices etc.).
4. Dispel myths about Catholicism and being a Catholic.
5. Keep persons up-to-date with what’s happening and trending in Catholicism.
6. Recommend useful products/services to aid Catholics and non-Catholics on their spiritual journey.
7. Convey insightful ideas about how, as Catholics Christians, we can make our Christian/Spiritual journey joyful, exciting and fruitful.
Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I have had the opportunity to travel a bit around the world and meet people from different religions and cultures, including persons who shared my Catholic faith. I think that as a natural course in maturing, I began searching for the real meaning of life and my purpose in life.
Then in the course of my searching I understood that I am a spiritual being and I began reading more around Catholicism and spirituality in general. I also gained a deeper appreciation for the Holy Mass, the Holy Rosary and First Friday Devotions to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Who had the most influence in your life?
My parents have had the most influence in my life with respect to my Catholic faith. We went to church as a family every Sunday, prayed the Holy Rosary as a family every Saturday afternoon and they ensured that we received all of the relevant Sacraments, such as Baptism, Communion and Confirmation, as soon as it was required.
In fact, the Rosary you see displayed in my introduction photo is my Dad’s rosary (rest in peace). I have kept is as a tribute to his memory and although I have my own Rosary I use his daily to say my prayers.
You’ll also find FreshStart7 at:
If you share the Catholic faith with FreshStart7, stop by her, Review 21 Catholic Novena & Devotion Favourites, to write a review.