To complete this quest, create a new lens that features a handmade item or project idea that you’ve completed.
Ideas might include:
- Jewelry Making
- A Wood Working Project
- A Knit or Crochet Pattern
- A Craft You Did With a Child
- Sewing by Hand or Machine
- Advice for Collecting Anything
- Something You Built for or in your Yard
- Or anything else you made yourself.
When you’re ready to begin, you can create a “How To” lens for this quest using our How To format by starting your lens HERE, or just create a traditional lens and if you like, you can include one of our How To modules. See examples of all 3 types of lens below.
The How To module allows you to easily add all of the items needed and the steps necessary to complete your project. Whether or not you use the module, be very careful to include all steps, tools or items needed to complete your project. And do include a guestbook where folks can leave you questions in case they get stuck.
We love to see what you’ve created and so do your readers so please do share some photos of at least some of the steps and especially one of the finished product.
Take a Look!
The following 3 lenses demonstrate the differences between using our How To format, the module and what your lens can look like using a traditional lens format.
- This is an example of a great How To lens that was created using a traditional lens format: How To Make A Play House Out Of A Cardboard Box
- Here’s a lens that uses the How To module on a traditional lens: How To Make A Simple Dreamcatcher
- And this lens was created using our How To format: How to Install Plastic Lawn Edging
As you can see, all three methods can turn out equally as nice. Choose whichever one you like for creating yours. These should be just viewed as examples. We’d love for you to get creative while making your new lens.
When your project lens is complete, please return here and post the link in the comments below so we can all see what you made.